The Eagle Academy Foundation develops and supports a network of all male, grades 6 through 12, college-preparatory schools in challenged, urban communities that educate and mentor young men into future leaders committed to excellence in character, scholastic achievement and community service, and to promote these principles nationally.
Eagle SEQ Opening Day Virtual MeetingTime: 9AM SHARPMeeting ID: 917 6238 1969Check your Eagle email/Pupil Path for the passwordWelcome Back!Eagle Academy for Young Men of Southeast Queens
School CalendarEagle Academy for Young Men of Southeast Queens
Returning to School: The Latest Guidance from our Health Experts
FACE will be hosting, “Returning to School: The Latest Guidance from our Health Experts,” tomorrow September 2nd from 6:30pm-8:00pm.
We will be joined by Deputy Commissioner Daniel H. Stephens from the NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene who will provide families with information about COVID-19, a breakdown of the virus’ impact on communities, and the City’s response to the pandemic.
We will also hear from Deputy Chancellor LaShawn Robinson about how the Division of School Climate and Wellness is incorporating health guidance into school re-opening policy. The panelists will discuss tips on how to speak with children about health and safety, and there will be a Q&A.
Families can register and submit questions by completing the online registration form here: https://learndoe.org/face/. Anyone can access the livestream at the time of the event by accessing this link: https://learndoe.org/face/live/Eagle Academy for Young Men of Southeast Queens
Eagle Academy School Store
Take a look at our school store for Eagle GearEagle Academy for Young Men of Southeast Queens
Choosing Remote Instruction for Fall
Process for Choosing Fully Remote Instruction
Eagle Academy for Young Men of Southeast Queens
- Families can choose full-time remote learning at any time, for any reason, using the Learning Preference(Open external link) online form.
- To ensure as many families as possible are aware of this form, schools will make best efforts to inform families through their communication channels (including email, social media, phone calls). The DOE will support these efforts by promoting the form through media channels.
- Families who choose full-time remote learning will be able to reevaluate their choice during certain set time periods to change their preference and have their child to receive in-person instruction instead.
- These set time periods will be communicated to schools and families at the beginning of the school year.
- When families choose to switch their student to in-person instruction, schools will make every effort to accommodate these requests based on programming and space capacity.
- The window will close at least two weeks prior to when the student would switch to in-person instruction to allow schools and families sufficient time to prepare.
- As always, families can engage with their school leadership if they face unforeseen circumstances or challenges in their learning and can coordinate with their school to make adjustments outside of these set time periods.
- Schools will have access to real-time reports indicating students who have chosen full-time remote learning
- Because families can choose full-time remote learning at any time, schools should review these reports on a daily basis.
- In these same reports, schools will be able to see which families who have chosen full-time remote learning are opting back into in-person instruction for the next set time period.
iPad Update August 13, 2020
iPad Update August 13, 2020
For anyone who has a DOE-loaned ipad, we have some important updates for you. It is essential that you take the actions below to ensure your child’s ipad is ready for use for return to school. The first day of school is only a few weeks away, and all students will be working remotely for at least a few days a week. Your child will need their ipad to be ready for learning for the fall. Please note that when we have other updates, we will send messages to you and your iPad on Thursdays, and we will let your schools know about the updates.Eagle Academy for Young Men of Southeast Queens
NYC Schools Account
The NYC Schools Account (NYCSA) is an app that lets you see your student’s grades, attendance, fitness results, schedule, and more from anywhere and in all DOE languages: Arabic, Bengali, Chinese, English, French, Haitian Creole, Korean, Russian, Spanish, and Urdu.
Ms.VaughnEagle Academy for Young Men of Southeast Queens